Vision and Aims
Our aim at Vernon Primary School is to help prepare your children to value and embrace their future. We believe that the children are our richest resource and we seek to foster a love of learning and of life.
Our School is a vibrant, dynamic learning community, building positive relationships with all children, staff, parents and the wider community. We have an open door policy which means that you are always welcome to come and talk to us if you have any concerns or issues that you would like to raise.
We adopt a child-centred holistic approach to the planning and delivery of the curriculum, ensuring that all our children receive their entitlement of a broad and balanced education. We endeavour to create an open and friendly environment where individual children’s needs are met. This will enable them to flourish in our School and achieve their full potential.
Our School Aims
- To create a rich, safe, stimulating and purposeful learning environment to enable children to grow in confidence and work with independence.
- To encourage, praise and reinforce success, celebrating efforts, enabling all children to gain a sense of achievement.
- To encourage and welcome the wider community into the daily life of our School, drawing on the skills of others and working in partnership to further support and extend children’s learning.
- To help each child to achieve their full potential, by aiming for excellence, in providing a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum that meets the needs of individual children.
- To enrich the curriculum through educational visits, visitors and extensive use of the environment.
- To nurture a life long love of learning and support children in making the right choices socially, morally, spiritually, culturally and emotionally.
- To promote full inclusion and equal opportunities for everyone in the community.
- To work in true partnership with parents, carers and the community, involving them in the evaluation of the school’s successes.
- To give responsibility to learners and develop their self-confidence by contributing to the community.
- To build on our very high expectations for success