School Council 2023-2024
From Year One through to Year Six, during an annual vote, two children from each class are elected by their peers to represent them as School Councillors. The representitives meet regularly with Mrs Hough to ensure pupil voices are heard and so children can see themselves making a positive change and impact on the day to day life of our school.
As a School Council we aim to:
· listen to everyone’s ideas
· discuss ideas for school improvements
· organise competitions throughout the year
Our goals for the academic year 2023-2024 will be:
To provide donations for a local Foodbank
To provide more recycling bins around the school
To organise seasonal competitions throughout the school year
- To organise events to raise awareness/money for charity (including specific national fundraising days eg Children In Need/Red Nose Day). This year our chosen charity is The Children's Adventure Farm, Cheshire.
To provide opportunities for discussion of British Values throughout the school
To plan Vernon's Got Talent in the summer term
- To organise school councils annual 'Friendship Friday' event
School Council representatives:
Minutes of School Council Meetings: