The intent of the PSHE curriculum at Vernon Primary School is to provide every pupil with an understanding of:
- Families and friendships are explored and each family make up is celebrated.
- Encouraging positive healthy relationships that are safe.
- Teaching the children to respect themselves and others.
- Living in the wider World
- Belonging to a community and how different views are valued.
- Teaching the children about media literacy and building digital resilience.
- Supporting the children in learning about money and the world of work.
- Health & wellbeing
- The benefits of physical health and mental wellbeing.
- Teaching the children about growing and changing.
- Teaching children to keep safe.
At Vernon Primary School, we believe and strive for a positive environment where every child feels valued and respected, and their beliefs and culture are welcomed. Diversity is celebrated so every child can believe in themselves and be confident in our school moto:
‘Nobody Else is Quite Like Me’