Art & Design
The intent of the Art & Design curriculum at Vernon Primary School is to provide every pupil with:
- The ability to use visual language skillfully and convincingly (for example, line, shape, pattern, colour, texture, form) to express emotions, interpret observations, convey insights and accentuate their individuality.
- The ability to communicate fluently in visual and tactile form.
- The ability to draw confidently and adventurously from observation, memory and imagination.
- The ability to explore and invent marks, develop and deconstruct ideas and communicate perceptively and powerfully through purposeful drawing in 2D, 3D or digital media.
- An impressive knowledge and understanding of other artists, craftmakers and designers.
- The ability to think and act like creative practitioners by using their knowledge and understanding to inform, inspire and interpret ideas, observations and feelings.
- Independence, initiative and originality which they can use to develop their creativity.
- The ability to select and use materials, processes and techniques skillfully and inventively to realise intentions and capitalise on the unexpected.
- The ability to reflect on, analyse and critically evaluate their own work and that of others.
- A passion for and a commitment to the subject.
Vernon Primary Lockdown Art Competition
Well done to all of the pupils who took part in the competition. Everyone produced creative and individual art work portraying what "Happiness" meant to them. There was a mixture of media along with 2D and 3D designs, which was a delight to see.
It was extremely hard to choose a winner and runner-up for each category. Please take a look on the photo gallery page to see a selection of Vernon's creativity!
Winner: Isla B. Runner-up: Sierra-Mae J.
Winner: Eben G. Runner-up: Verity J.
Winner: Alice M. Runner-up: Arabella W.
Winner: Emily R-M. Runner-up: Neve K.