Year 5 2019 - 2020
Please ask your parents for information on how to sign up for Edmodo!
Year 5 Home Learning
Welcome to your Home Learning Class Page!
This is where you will find the activities we have set you along with the resources needed. There are daily activities for Maths, English and Reading along with a task for each foundation subject. We have also provided optional extra activities for you to complete if you wish. Look at the 'Year 5 Home Learning' PDF which maps out your activities and provides links to useful websites.
Please remember that this is your learning and your timetable so it is up to you which order you complete the tasks and how long you spend on them. We have included a suggested timetable but please don't feel you need to stick to this.
You will find all guidance and resources for all the tasks in the 'Files to Download' section. Maths, English and Reading will be uploaded weekly, but foundation projects will be updated every two weeks to give you time to get through them all.
We really hope you enjoy the activities we have set you! Keep up with the amazing hard work that you have shown so far this year! Remember! You are all superstars!
Miss Swan and Mrs Wigglesworth
Spellings Week beginning 13th July 2020:
- Work through the spellings on the Y5/6 sections of https://spellingframe.co.uk- try to focus on two particular rules per week.
- What do these words have in common? What does that part of the word mean?
- Write sentences using each of these words and find the definition in the dictionary.
Reading- Week beginning 13th July 2020
- Listen/watch Miss Swan reading 'Why The Whales Came' and answer the daily guided reading questions.
- https://stories.audible.com/start-listen provides free children’s audio books. Try to listen to a new book each week from a different author/genre.
- https://www.weareteachers.com/virtual-author-activities/?utm_content=1584565321&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0IFYgW15w8V7oTypQ3ZQRNen8PEqNNjlLlM5EiP4ZFQQdf2lW9ZBUWwl0 Visit this website to listen to different authors read their books. You can listen and read along!
- Share your reading book with someone at home or read aloud and in your head.
English Task Week beginning 13th July 2020
See the attached documents below to see the different daily activities.
Maths Tasks Week Beginning 13th July 2020
Aim to complete one lesson per day from the link below.
WEEK 11 on link below