Year 2 2020 - 2021
Please click on the link below to read a message from all the staff at Vernon Primary School.
Hello Year 2!
It is the final week of school before Summer.
It has been such a strange year in Year 2. However, we wanted to say how proud we both are of both classes. It has been amazing to see all of the work produced by you all. You have all worked incredibly hard. A massive thank you to all of the parents as well for your continual support with the online learning.
Have a fantastic Summer with your family and friends when it comes. Good luck in Year 3 and we will miss you all so much!
From Miss Mackenzie and Miss Langthorp
Year 2 Homepage
Please find below ideas and tasks to help you to continue your child’s education at home. We hope you all enjoy these activities. Stay safe and healthy
Ideas to support your Year 2 child- Resource free
- Read every day. Pick out some new vocabulary from the text, and find out what it means.
- Have a go at writing a poem about your week
- Practise timetables
- Handwriting practise.
- Practise spellings
- Practice multiplication and division- using grouping and sharing
- Create one step word problems and ask the child to decide which operation to use
- Write a diary about your week
Spellings Date: 20.07.20
- Practise the Year 2 spellings for Common Exception words:https://content.twinkl.co.uk/resource/9e/38/T-L-5157-Year-2-Common-Exception-Words.pdf?__token__=exp=1584636400~acl=%2Fresource%2F9e%2F38%2FT-L-5157-Year-2-Common-Exception-Words.pdf%2A~hmac=fb27b44060dcf80e7a4294b6eb65cea8d4d8c32284a29db27235add5d7812aba
- Practise your spelling on Spelling Shed: https://www.spellingshed.com
- Practise your spelling on Spelling Frame: https://spellingframe.co.uk
- Choose 5 Common Exception words. Play different games with them such as corners, roll the dice with each word on each side and treasure hunt. Maybe make a board game using the spellings.
- Choose 5 Common Exception words and practise spelling them forwards and backwards. Write the word forwards then write the words backwards, e.g. forwards sdrawrof
Weekly Reading Tasks (Aim to do 1 per day) Date: 20.07.20
Read the e book following the link below. You may need to create your own Oxford Owl account, to access the book. Then follow the resources under Guided Reading.
Weekly Maths Tasks (Aim to do 1 per day) Date: 20.07.20
The children will download the resource called ‘The Mystery of The Daytime Feather’. Once they have downloaded this, they will work through the booklet to solve the mystery.
The children will download the resource called ‘Maths Challenge Cards’. Then work through each challenge.
The children will be practicing their addition and subtraction. Through completing some mosaic colouring.
This will be a games lesson. The children can pick either the dice addition four in a row, time maths game or space game. These games can be played on their own or can be adapted for more players to take part.
English Tasks (Aim to do one per day) Date: 20.07.20
Your foundation subjects can be found under files to download, in the document that says foundation work. All of the resources can be found under files to download.
Keep Going Year 2
Miss Mackenzie and Miss Langthorp are so proud of you all!
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display